New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyer
New Jersey Personal Injury Settlement
When someone gets injured due to the negligent, reckless, or even intentional acts of another person, the healing process costs the injured party time and financial resources, not to mention related issues like pain and suffering. If you have been badly injured, you need the experience and reliable support of a trusted advisor guiding you through the legal process.
Whether at work, home, or on the roadways, no one plans for a devastating injury. Unfortunately, life tends to throw us a curve ball when we least expect it, sometimes in the form of:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Assault victims
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall
- Work-related injury
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
When discussing a personal injury case with an attorney, here are some general topics you can expect to cover:
- When did the injury occur? In New Jersey, a personal injury lawsuit must be filed within two years of the initial injury. To avoid missing this deadline, speak to an attorney about your options.
- What were your initial physical injuries? A follow up question might be, do you have any ongoing physical damage (such as a permanent scar, for example) resulting from the injury?
- What are your medical costs? Here, we would discuss medical treatments, doctor’s visits, and any prescription medication you have received to treat your injuries.
- Have you lost time from work as a result of the accident? Time away from work needed to recover can also be compensated in court.
- Have you suffered ongoing mental or emotional distress, such as nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, pain medication dependency, or other distinct manifestations of pain and suffering?
Injured in an accident? Contact New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
Each of these topics are vital to discuss with a New Jersey injury lawyer. If you have been injured in an accident in Freehold, Mt. Laurel, Jersey City, Red Bank, Woodbridge, or Princeton, New Jersey, contact the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC today.