Princeton Personal Injury Lawyer
Respected and Skilled Personal Injury Attorney Represents Clients Who Were Badly Injured in Princeton and Throughout New Jersey
Personal injuries cause a lot more than physical harm – they also often result in significant financial burden, loss of enjoyment of life, and stress on families. If someone else’s negligence has injured you or caused the loss of a loved one because of a Princeton car accident or an accident caused in another surrounding area in New Jersey, attorney Anthony J. Vecchio will protect your rights and fight for maximum compensation on your behalf.
Anthony and our legal team have earned an AVVO 10-star rating based on the quality of our client service. We give each client’s case the attention it deserves. We take time to listen to them and understand their story. Anthony also has extensive trial experience in both civil and criminal cases. He knows how to investigate and prepare cases for court, which gives him leverage when pursuing a settlement.
Our Princeton Personal Injury Practice Areas
Anthony J. Vecchio began his career with a clerkship in the New Jersey Superior Court – Appellate Division. Since that time, he has been in private practice, defending the rights of people charged with crimes and pursuing just compensation for personal injury victims and their families.
He has the experience it takes to handle even the most complex and challenging personal injury cases, including those that involve:
- Car accidents
- Slip and falls
- Negligent security
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Assault victims
- Work-related injuries
Whether you were bitten by an aggressive dog, injured because of a hazard in the middle of a walkway, or mistreated by a medical professional, you have the right to seek compensation. The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, will guide you through the process of seeking compensation and fight for what you deserve at every stage in your case.
How an Experienced Princeton Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
When you contact our Princeton office, we will provide you with a free consultation. During that consultation, we will get to know all about you and what happened in your accident. You can also feel free to ask us questions about your rights and your legal options. If we agree to move forward together, you can count on Anthony and our legal team to:
- Investigate your case –We will work tirelessly to establish liability by performing a prompt and thorough investigation, consulting with experts, and calling upon key witnesses.
- Calculate your damages –The biggest mistake that an accident and injury victim can make is accepting a settlement without an idea of what their claim is actually worth. Our team at the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, will review your medical records and income records, meet with medical experts and family members and gain a firm understanding of how your injuries have financially and personally impacted your life.
- Pursue compensation for you –Once our team has an idea of what your case is worth, we will be prepared to make a solid demand for a settlement. If we do not feel comfortable with the settlement offered by the insurance company, we will advise you and prepare to go to court on your behalf.
Personal injury cases can be stressful and overwhelming for victims and their families. Our team understands the challenges that victims face, which is why we will make it a point to take care of you throughout your case. We are willing to work with medical care providers, creditors, landlords and others while your case is being resolved. If you are not well enough to come to our office, we will meet with you at your home or even at a local hospital such as Princeton Hospital or Princeton Surgical Center.
Our Dedication to Helping Princeton Car Accident Victims
Princeton is a busy city. It has roughly 16,000 residents within an 18-square mile radius. As a result, traffic can get congested on Princeton roads – and crash rates can be high. According to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, an estimated 12,262 crashes occurred in Mercer County in 2016 alone, including 2,732 injury crashes and 20 fatal accidents. One particular intersection – the one at Nassau, Vandeventer, and Washington – poses a particular threat to Princeton residents, according to news reports.
Many Princeton car accidents – including car and truck collisions, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents – are the result of human error and negligence, these include the following.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving (such as tailgating)
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving.
New Jersey operates under a no-fault insurance system. So, if you suffer injury in an auto accident, your first option would be to file a claim with your own insurance company. However, car accident damages are often costly. Your no-fault insurance policy may not be enough to pay for all of your medical expenses or cover your lost wages. It also won’t cover pain and suffering.
At the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, we will help you to explore all options available to you beyond personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. Our goal will be to identify all parties who are responsible for your auto accident and injuries and recover the maximum amount for you.
What Should You Do After a Princeton Car Accident?
The worst thing you can do following a Princeton car accident is to do nothing. In addition to contacting an experienced personal injury attorney, you can help with your own case by doing the following:
- Get medical attention right away. You need timely diagnosis and treatment for the sake of your health. You also need to document your injuries.
- Order a copy of the crash report. The crash report will provide helpful information about your case. You can order a copy onlinein New Jersey or request a copy through the local law enforcement agency that responded to your crash such as the Princeton Police Department.
- Gather your information. You should collect all photos, witness names and contact information, insurance information, medical bills, receipts, income statements, and other relevant documents.
- Write it down. Keep a detailed journal that includes notes on the event itself and your life afterward. The journal will help to jog your memory.
- Keep it to yourself and your lawyer. You should refrain from discussing your case with anyone – especially the insurance company. You should avoid giving a recorded statement or accepting a settlement offer until you speak with your lawyer first. Also, you should not discuss your case with anyone except close family members and your lawyer. If you share details about your accident and legal claim on social media – you have shared too much.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Princeton Personal Injury Claim?
Most accident victims hope to recover just enough compensation to cover medical expenses and lost wages. However, in New Jersey, you may be eligible to recover more than that. Your settlement or verdict may cover damages that include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and diminished future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one).
If your life was irreparably changed because of a Princeton car accident or other incident caused by someone’s negligence, you deserve compensation for all of your losses. Anthony and our team will fight for every penny you are due.
How Much Time Do You Have to File an Injury Lawsuit in Princeton?
Due to New Jersey’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims, you must act fast if you hope to recover compensation for your injuries. New Jersey’s statute of limitations is two years from the date of the injury. Wrongful death claims also have a two-year time limit, meaning that family members must file within two years of their loved one’s death. Do not wait to act. You should contact an attorney about your case as soon as possible.
Get Help from an Experienced Princeton Injury and Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured in a personal injury accident in Princeton, contact the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, to discuss your case. We will get to know the facts of your case, fight tirelessly for your rights and keep your best interests at heart. We will not charge you for your initial consultation, and you will pay no legal fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.