Woodbridge Office Location
Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLCAll locations by appointment only.
227 Main Street
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Woodbridge, NJ Criminal Defense & Personal Injury Attorney
If you are facing a criminal charge or traffic ticket in Woodbridge Township, you can count on the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, to provide the passionate and professional legal help you need. Contact our Woodbridge criminal defense lawyer today.
Anthony J. Vecchio will personally handle your case, bringing to bear the skill, insight, and experience he has gained from working on thousands of cases throughout New Jersey as both a prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer.
You can count on him to:
- Take the time to get to know you and the circumstances of your case
- Fight tirelessly for your rights
- Always have your best interests at heart.
You will be working with a lawyer who has received a 10-Star Avvo rating and who has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in New Jersey every year since 2012.
Don’t wait to get legal help from an experienced criminal defense attorney in Woodbridge. Contact Anthony today to discuss your case.
Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Woodbridge?
If you have been charged with a crime in Woodbridge or you are seeking an expungement, you may be tempted to represent yourself. However, before you make that decision, consider the benefits you gain from instead choosing to work with a Woodbridge attorney like Anthony J. Vecchio.
Anthony Routinely takes cases such as:
- Traffic Violations. Traffic tickets can add up quickly, affect your insurance rates, and even jeopardize your license. Whether it’s a Woodbridge DUI, illegal U-turn, or speeding, don’t pay your fine without talking to a lawyer first.
- Drug Charges. New Jersey takes a hard line on drug offenses. But enormous differences exist between simple possession and intent to distribute charges. An experienced attorney will fight to keep the system fair for you.
- Assault Charges. This offense happens when you physically place someone else in direct danger through the use of force. Assault can also occur by putting someone in immediate fear or imminent harm. In some assault cases, a key issue is the extent of injury that resulted.
- Computer Criminal Activity Charges. Whether child pornography, hacking, or other sophisticated computer-based crimes, technology has complicated how we view crime. If charged with any computer-based crime, you want an experienced Freehold criminal defense lawyer who can help you to build a strong defense.
- Juvenile Charges. Minors often make bad choices at a time in their lives when they are dealing with incredible peer pressure. Youthful indiscretions can unfortunately lead to lifelong consequences. Never assume an offense is “simple” or “minor” without talking to an attorney.
Disorderly & Petty Disorderly Persons Offenses
- Harassment. With rapid changes in Internet and social media, more and more people are being charged with harassment. Harassment occurs when you place someone in reasonable fear for their own safety due to unwanted stalking, following, or persistent contact. These crimes can be very complicated. So, prosecutors routinely bring charges that may not be appropriate.
- Disorderly Conduct. Sadly, this charge is often levied when no other charges can be used to fit the situation. In many cases, it will accompany alcohol-related charges.
- Other Felonies and Misdemeanors. Or in NJ parlance, indictable and disorderly persons offenses. Whatever the charges, you can count on the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, to fight for your rights from arrest to trial. Contact our Freehold law office today to talk to an attorney and begin building your defense.
- Robbery Charges. Robbery is a theft that involves some form of confrontation or physical violence. Just because a victim is present during the theft does not automatically make it a robbery. The penalties are very different, so be sure to speak with an attorney before pleading guilty to a robbery charge.
- Burglary Charges. This offense occurs when a suspect enters someone else’s residence or business with the intent to commit a felony or steal something. Burglary does not always involve theft. In fact, breaking into a business to set a fire or physically assault someone can be burglary as well. The key in many cases is whether the defendant actually intended to commit a felonious act.
- Theft Charges. Theft crimes – including auto theft and credit card theft – carry penalties that become more severe as the value of the stolen property increases. If convicted of theft, a person may also need to pay restitution to the person or company from whom the property was taken.
- Shoplifting. Many stores today police their aisles with surveillance cameras and “floor walkers,” or security guards dressed in plain clothes who look for shoplifters. They aggressively press for charges that could carry devastating consequences if a person is convicted.
What We Do
After handling over 1,000 combined criminal, municipal court, and appellate cases, Anthony Vecchio has gained the experience necessary to defend you against every type of adult or juvenile case. Give our office a call so we can discuss the issues and possible defenses in your case.
The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio proudly serves residents of Woodbridge Township and the many communities located in and around Woodbridge and Middlesex County. Anthony handles all trial matter before during and after your case including:
- Request the State’s evidence. You are entitled to review the evidence the government has against you. With the assistance of an experienced attorney, you may find mistakes and inconsistencies in the State’s case that could help you fight for a dismissal or lesser charge.
- File pretrial motions. If evidence was obtained using improper tactics and should be excluded, we can try to make it harder for the prosecutor to obtain a conviction.
- Analyze the benefits of a Pretrial Intervention Program (PTI). New Jersey courts offer diversion programs for those with alcohol or drug problems. But before you assume this is always a better idea, talk to our office. We can help you weigh the pros and cons to make an informed choice.
- Represent you at trial. If your case must go to trial, our firm can fight to defend your rights and make sure prosecutors do not abuse the system. While no one can guarantee what will happen when a jury is involved, Anthony J. Vecchio has handled more than 1,000 criminal cases, so you know you are getting experienced and skilled representation.
Post-Conviction (Worse Case Scenario)
After your trial. Cases don’t always end after a trial. If you lose, you can still appeal. If this happens, our office can represent you in your appeal, fighting to preserve your freedom. Other post-trial matters include:
- Appealing a conviction
- Arguing for leniency in sentencing
- Appealing unfair sentencing
- Fighting to have time served applied to sentencing
- Fighting to reduce fines.
- Expungement. Criminal records can make it difficult to get or keep jobs and can have other negative effects on your life. You may have other options for removing arrests and convictions from your record.
What to Do if I’m Charged with a Crime in Woodbridge?
If you are charged with any criminal offense in Woodbridge Township, you must appear in court. You will receive notice of the date, time, and court where you must appear. It is also mandatory to appear in court for traffic violations unless the ticket you receive indicates otherwise.
It is important to have a Middlesex County lawyer by your side to guide you through the process at all times, protect your rights, and ultimately, seek the best possible outcome for you.
Our Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Because of his deep background in criminal law, Woodbridge attorney Anthony J. Vecchio can represent clients in a broad range of cases, including:
Woodbridge Traffic Violation Lawyer
You should think twice before simply entering a guilty plea and paying what may seem to be a minimal fine for speeding or any other type of traffic violation you have been charged with in Woodbridge. When you are convicted of a traffic violation in New Jersey, it can add points to your record. If you accrue enough points, you can lose your driver’s license, and you may see your auto insurance rates skyrocket. Anthony can review your case and pursue other options that may be available to you.
Woodbridge DUI Defense Lawyer
A major focus of our firm’s practice is on helping those charged with driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Woodbridge and other areas of New Jersey. Anthony knows how to aggressively defend these cases. For instance, he may be able to challenge the legality of the traffic stop or the procedure of the breath or blood test that led to the charge against you. If you wish, he can also work with prosecutors to arrive at a plea agreement that minimizes the impact on your life.
Woodbridge Drug Defense Lawyer
Anthony knows the stakes are high for those charged with drug possession or distribution in Woodbridge. In addition to facing jail time and fines, a person with a drug conviction may ultimately lose out on future job or educational opportunities. Whether you have been charged with an offense involving marijuana, cocaine, heroin, prescription drugs or any other controlled dangerous substance (CDS), you can count on Anthony to provide you with a carefully crafted defense strategy that puts your interests at the forefront.
Other Felonies and Misdemeanors in Woodbridge
The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio can assist clients in many other criminal matters, including cases involving violent crimes, theft, sexual offenses and white-collar crimes such as fraud, embezzlement, racketeering, and tax evasion. Anthony gives every case the serious thought, attention, and effort it deserves.
Juvenile Charges in Woodbridge
While juvenile crimes have much in common with adult crimes, attorney Anthony understands the important differences in these cases. If your child has been charged with a criminal offense in Woodbridge, he will work hard to fight the charge or seek an outcome that will allow your child to avoid detention and, instead, to receive counseling and rehabilitation.
Expungement Lawyer in Woodbridge
If you have a criminal conviction on your record, it can cost you many opportunities in life – a job, financial aid for college, or even the chance to vote in an election or to hold a firearm permit. Anthony can help you to clear your record through the adult or juvenile expungement process. Contact us to learn more about the high priority we give to these cases and our “next-day” turnaround system for each stage.
Woodbridge Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer
If someone else’s careless or reckless conduct causes you to suffer serious injury in a car crash or other type of accident, or if you have lost a loved one due to another’s negligence, you should explore all of your legal options. You may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, emotional distress, and more. Experienced Woodbridge personal injury lawyer Anthony J. Vecchio can provide the skillful and aggressive legal representation you will need as you move forward with your injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit.
Anthony is a veteran Woodbridge trial lawyer. He knows how to thoroughly investigate and prepare solid cases for court. He can determine how the accident happened in your case, identify who should be held responsible for it, and discover all sources of compensation available to you. We can use the evidence in your case as leverage in settlement discussions or, if necessary, put a persuasive case before a jury. Whether it is through a settlement or judgment, his goal will be to secure the maximum amount for you. He realizes the important role that those funds will play as you move forward with your physical recovery or face life without your loved one.
Contact Us Today
It is important to seek legal help as early as you can after being charged with a crime or traffic violation in Woodbridge or elsewhere in New Jersey. Make the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, your first call. We can discuss your case and get to work on your defense right away. Contact us today. Click here fordirections to our Woodbridge office.