Woodbridge Personal Injury Lawyer
Leading Injury Lawyer Helps Accident Victims Get Fair Compensation in Woodbridge and Across New Jersey
Accident injuries can be devastating and life-changing. They often result in extensive medical bills, lost wages, lost earning potential, and loss of enjoyment of life. If you were recently injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence in Woodbridge, Anthony Vecchio is a highly experienced trial attorney who will protect your rights and fight for maximum compensation on your behalf. Do not let another person’s actions affect the rest of your life. Instead, get help from a Woodbridge personal injury attorney today.
When you work with Anthony and our legal team at the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, we will get to know the facts of your case first and always keep your best interests at heart through the end of your case. It starts with a free consultation through our conveniently located Woodbridge office on Main Street. Call or reach us online today to learn more.
How an Experienced Woodbridge Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Mr. Vecchio has over a decade of experience as a criminal defense and personal injury attorney. He knows what it takes to pursue the compensation that his clients deserve and to protect their rights when they deal with insurance companies. When you work with him on your personal injury case, you can expect him to.
Investigation and Analysis
- Investigate your case –Anthony’s number one goal when it comes to personal injury claims is to help his clients to seek the compensation they need and deserve after an accident. He knows how to perform prompt and thorough investigations, consult with knowledgeable experts and call upon key witnesses.
- Calculate damages –The biggest mistake that most car accident victims make is entering their case without an idea of what their claim is actually worth. Anthony will review your medical records and income records and interview medical experts and family members to gain a firm understanding of how your injuries have impacted your life from both a financial and personal standpoint.
- Pursue damages –Once Anthony has an idea of what your case is worth, he will enter the settlement negotiation stage on your behalf. If negotiations are not successful, he will be prepared to go to court for you.
Personal injury cases can take a toll on accident victims. On top of already dealing with pain, multiple doctor’s appointments, physical therapy appointments, and loss of enjoyment of life, victims must also deal with stubborn insurance. At the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, we take as much burden off of our clients as possible by managing all communications with the insurance company and by helping them with other matters such as dealing with medical bill collectors. We are also willing to meet our clients at our Woodbridge office or at their home or in the hospital such as Trinitas Hospital or Kindred Hospital New Jersey.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident in Woodbridge?
No matter how safe of a driver you are, you can still get into a crash in Woodbridge. In fact, in 2016 alone, roughly 27,501 crashes occurred in Middlesex County, including 6,110 accidents that resulted in reportable injuries and 43 that were fatal, according to the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
Some areas in Woodbridge are more dangerous for drivers than in other areas. For instance, Route 1, which runs through Menlo Avenue, Edison, and Ronson Road in Woodbridge, sees an average of 65,924 vehicles a day and had the second-highest number of crashes in 2016, with 209 collisions, according to NJSpotlight.com. The entire stretch of Route 1 saw 16 deaths in 2016 – seven in Woodbridge.
The sheer number of people on the road contributes to the high incident and injury rates. Human error and negligence also play a huge role in traffic accidents. Sadly, many crashes are preventable, including car accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and bicyclist accidents. They result from careless conduct such as:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Speeding and aggressive driving
Because New Jersey operates under a no-fault insurance system, you must initially pursue compensation through your own insurance company after a car accident. However, if your insurance policy is for less than what your total damages are, or if you suffer a serious injury, you may be able to sue the party who caused the crash. We will explore all of your legal options.
What Should You Do After a Woodbridge Car Accident?
If you were injured in a car accident in Woodbridge, one of the first things you should do is contact an attorney. Additionally, you should:
- Get medical attention immediately. You need to get a timely diagnosis of your injuries and start treatment. You should make sure to follow all of your doctor’s orders.
- Gather all of your information. Collect photos of the accident scene, medical bills, insurance company letters, witness names, and any other documents that bear on your claim.
- Write it down. Write out a summary of everything you recall about the accident and keep careful records of what your life is like during your recovery.
- Don’t talk about your case. Refrain from talking about your case or your injuries with the insurance company – even if the insurance company asks you for a statement. You can refer the insurer to your lawyer. Also, you should discuss your case on social media.
Even though our law firm is willing and able to obtain a crash report on your behalf, you can always get one on your own for your own records. You can contact the law enforcement agency that responded to your crash such as:
Finally, do not accept a settlement offer from the insurance company without first consulting with your attorney. Your lawyer can review the offer and help you to avoid making a potentially costly mistake.
Our Other Woodbridge Personal Injury Practice Areas
Anthony and our legal team at the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, are dedicated to helping victims of accidents to fight for their rights. Some other types of personal injury cases that we deal with include:
- Slip and falls
- Negligent security
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Assault and violence
- Work-related injuries.
Our team has extensive experience in dealing with a variety of civil cases in Woodbridge. We know how to navigate clients through the entire personal injury claims process, from filing the claim with the Middlesex County Superior Court to pursuing a final verdict.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Woodbridge Personal Injury Claim?
Our legal team will identify all sources of compensation in your case and pursue the maximum amount for you. The amount that we seek on your behalf will depend on the specific facts in your case. However, the types of damages that we typically pursue for clients in personal injury cases include:
- Property damage
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and diminished future earnings
- Damages for other accident-related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages (if an accident caused a loved one’s death)
- Punitive damages (if the facts of the case warrant it).
How Much Time Do You Have to File an Injury Lawsuit in Woodbridge?
New Jersey’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims is just two years from the date of the accident and/or the date upon which you discovered your injuries. If you fail to file your claim within that time period, you could lose your right to compensation entirely. Wrongful death claims also have a two-year time limit. Family members must file a lawsuit within two years of their loved one’s death.
The Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, will work hard to investigate and prepare your case. While you focus on your health and your family, we will make sure that all paperwork in your case gets filed in a timely and professional manner.
Get Help from an Experienced Woodbridge Personal Injury and Accident Attorney Today
If you were injured in a car accident in Woodbridge or a nearby area in New Jersey, contact the Law Offices of Anthony J. Vecchio, LLC, to discuss your case. We will listen to you and find out what happened to you, fight tirelessly for all compensation that you are due, and always keep your best interests at heart. We will not charge you any legal fees unless we secure a settlement or verdict that benefits you. When you are ready to take action, contact our Woodbridge office, and schedule a free consultation.